Tuesday 13 September 2011

Unco-operative piping

So went for bloods today. My 'positional' tubes which have caused a little difficulty before played up big time today and they had to resort to taking bloods from my arm as none would come out from the tubes, despite them asking me to put arms above head, try coughing, deep breaths, lying flat, standing up....... NO said the tubes! Then the nurse tried removing the stitch (the 3 weeks since having tubes inserted is up... REALLY??) but it was partly stuck to the scab so when she pulled............ OUCH! I wanted to cry even though it wasn't THAT painful, but the wibbly bit of me was threatening to come out again ;)
The deputy sister asked if I was ok as I didn't look as perky as usual and asked if I had had any more upsets since last Monday, and I said yes, on Sunday... she said she thought so and had I booked to see the psychologist yet? She's a canny lass ;)) I originally asked to see her so I could refer the kids but I think I may need someone neutral to 'vent' to as well!
Bumped into the local lady with breast cancer today - scarf wrapped round her shaved head - had a chat about a foot in both worlds, normal world and cancer world, about how you have your head around it yet you don't ... good to touch base with someone who can relate :)
So, if no phone call to say bloods not up enough, its chemo #3 at 11am tomorrow. Got a new book that Sascha has loaned me........

4 comments:

  1. Big hugs.

    Grrrr hickman as Neal says. Also canny lass re: upsets. If anyone in present giving mode I recommend the kindle! Over seeing Neal today, went to Wakey on way back from Sheffield, slight detour.

    Having a lie in tomorrow but not got owt on until Swimfit, you'll giggle when I tell you! Speak soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :))

    Swinfit eh?! Oh I AM intrigued :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I'm a classic blue rinse swimmer (head above water not getting hair wet) but did 28 laps and haven't seized up this morning so feeling very proud! xxx

    ReplyDelete