Thursday 1 September 2011

Chemo # 2 ...

Started the day by taking temp, tablet, & jabbing my tummy, then dropped off at the hospital by mum & stepdad.
All went well there, but back ache I woke with wouldn't go... dressing & wound checked - not oozing now it has a dry dressing instead of clear one. Waiting for results of swab taken to see if need antibiotics.
Back to mum's, back killing me, ate some lunch but not really hungry, wanted to lie down... did so, in spare bed, but then couldn't get warm...... asked mum to take me home earlier than planned so I could put warm clothes on - took temp - 37.8, half hour later  - 38.5... eek! Would I need to go in for antibiotics?? Called hospital - they said as I was not vomiting or bleeding (?? - from my tube??) to just take temp every half hour and if 2/3 times later it hadn't fallen, to call back ready to go in. Thankfully it was 37.5 on last reading!
Mum taken girls to hers for the night so I can have some peace n quiet, with the proviso that I call if I am even SLIGHTLY ill/hot etc :)
It has knocked me about much more than last time, though now temp is lower I am feeling more human. Surrounded by iced water and tonic water, book, TV remote, laptop, phones, thermometer, cushions, fluffy dressing gown and blanket..... all of that just in case! I am on my Very Comfy Sofa too, so may not make it to bed lol!
All in all, knackered but smiling..............................albeit slightly feebly ;)

2 comments:

  1. You take care missus! And take no chances, big big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, I am being Very Good and keep checking temp... staying mostly horizontal all tonight and most of tomorrow and hopefully most of weekend!
    HUGE HUGS to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete