Saturday 10 September 2011

Child-free day

Lurched out of bed at 5.40am, managed to get one 6 yr old and two 13 yr olds out of the house by 6.40 in time to get on a bus at 6.50, all excitedly off to legoland.
Back to bed then for me til 9.30, then lay on sofa drinking tea. The theme of the week seems to be food, as I met up with the delightful Emma for lunch yesterday! Today I managed to get my glad rags on in time to meet lovely Lynne for lunch... baguettes and chips yumyum! Then we drifted about the village and peered into various shops, and then I found what I have been after for weeks - a mac. LOL! I have winter coat, wool coats, cardigans galore, but nothing waterproof apart from my walking-up-mountains-storm-proof-not very-sexy-coat. SO today I found a bright green, dotty type mac which is fabric but lined and waterproof,
(100% organic cotton PU coating??) half price in the sale, last one there and NOT a size bloody 10 LOL! Big enough for my volumptuous hips and boobs, and does up and everything ;) I love being girlie sometimes!Back to sofa for more napping, now munching on "Convivial Yorksshire Crisps", cheeses and apple chutney with cider, bought for me by my eldest's B/F (I think his mum may have helped?!), and ready to dash out in half an hour to pick up happy and very tied people off a bus.............. and tomorrow we get Sunday Lunch at my mum's! Bliss, what a weekend! ;)

3 comments:

  1. and may I add, just to remember when I read back, that being out for 3 hours, eating, walking and shopping, was very tiring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading that though sounds very lovely/good tiring rather than icky/worky/hospital tiring... you are being tired in the correct way... carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright green mac sounds adorable! Congrats! :-) Glad you had a good day, dear...

    ReplyDelete