Wednesday 21 September 2011

PETs, not small furry ones though

Today I mostly ate cupcakes. For charity of course :))
Went and had Boob Tube flushed. Kay the nurse managed to get some blood out of it today but only by me standing up, taking deep breaths, then coughing then swinging my arm around. Which was needed after those cupcakes I expect. Saw Gwen the non-stop talking lady there (did I not mention her last week??) who told me all about her sandwiches from Waitrose. :)
Got home to my bathroom taps having been fixed by Ian Glanusk Fixing Man. And my mum having ordered a shedful of logs. Huzzah! And, a letter from GP asking me to go in and see him. Guessing its about my diagnosis and him wanting to catch up. He has some catching up to do! And then a phone-call from the Heath hospital in Cardiff, saying my PET scan is next Tuesday! 10am. Once I'm injected with radioactive stuff I have to sit as still as possible for 1 and half hours, so taking books! Then I get scanned in a bigger version of the giant polo I went in when I had the CT scan. Then I have to avoid physical contact with children or pregnant people for 6 hours from start of injection, so can't hug my kids immediately after school :( Then, ta da dah... waiting for results , again!
Then, I went to a public meeting with some weirdos from the council who did a very good job of pretending to listen to us parents about why they must NOT close down our kids' primary school... dunno what I said but the local journo came up and asked me and Liz for our phone numbers  -  uh-oh! ;)
Now..............bed... sleep. yum................. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Blimey, your hospital calendar is very busy! I liked the Heath hospital (not often you hear me say that), Mike was in there a lot and I was in there a bit, they seem to do good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I may have a diploma in nursing by the time treatments finish! ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete