Thursday 22 September 2011

I'll have another appointment please

So today I had another appointment. Well, why not, not like I have anything better to do :))
It was a meeting with the cancer team  psychologist. The nurses book you in as routine and then they see you regularly if you're not coping well etc... we had a good natter and she said that often she is contacted by patients after the treatments finish as when there's nothing else happening some people feel lost... we agreed that I was doing ok for now but I can call her any time to meet up if me or my kids are upset etc. Fab :) Nice to know how much support is out there.

My GP appointment is tomorrow. PET scan Tuesday followed by calling into my local (hospital not pub these days) for my bloods ready for my chemo appointment ... where do you fit in just being then? ;)

AND, I called a local hospice and support centre to enquire about their complementary therapies for cancer patients and a nice lady called back and is coming to see me next Thursday to fill in forms and take notes etc and then book me in for whatever therapies are most appropriate ... yay for being spoiled! :D

I am hoping that when I get PET results they say in a jolly voice "oh there we are, only 2 more chemos for you!" yet am aware it may need to be more so  keeping fingers crossed! ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for your PET too! It is a very busy schedule, must feel like you have 3 jobs, paid work job, being a mum and dealing with your cancer?

    Work hard to squeeze in your "just being" time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello love :)
    You hit the nail on the head! Cancer is busy lol! Straddling three worlds, work world, home world, cancer world ........... oh yes, part of the reason for sorting out getting complementary therapies is to get more ME time :) Xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete