Wednesday 14 September 2011

a stitch in time

Well, it all went well until they tired to get the stitch out from the Hickman line op thingy and a bit of it was stuck to the scab so it pulled - bit *ouch* - two nurses, a very small scalpel and a bit of wincing from me...  but we got there in the end ;)
Feeling WOOZY from piriton etc, but picked up afterwards by stepdad, mum here all afternoon to make me cuppas and cooked dinner when kids got in, so lolling on sofa is all I've done and all I'm going to do until I go to read my little 'un a bedtime story :)
Thank you all for your lovely hugs and best wishes, I think they're working ;)
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Deri woke up last night for a wee and then woke me up to ask if I was well enough to tuck her back in bless her! I did feel as though my head was made of lead but did it and had enough brain to think how good she was not to sneak into my bed ;)
    managed to get up this morning to point her in the direction of clean clothes etc and make her some cereal, wiped worktops down then collapsed onto sofa :)
    Talking of sofas, the little one in the big room was buggered really. My crazy but fabulous mum found two matching sofas and installed them on Tuesday (taking away small knackered one and the very knackered armchair) so now we have a 'U' shape of sofas and armchair and much comfort :))
    Megan looked after me very well last night once my mum had gone, and Broni was very good to me this morning... I love my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw your comment above gave me a warm glow, I think it's ace your mum doing practical stuff to make the home nice for everyone and your girls are being stars!

    Much hugs for a restful day for you! I am waiting in to get horribly expensive quotes for new combi boiler, bigger pipes and much disruption... bah!

    Will catch up on some episodes of The Wire I think to make it all feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your precious girls and generous mother are wonderful to hear about, (((Emma)))!! Sending love.... (and please continue allowing little emma to feel what she feels!)

    ReplyDelete