Saturday 3 September 2011

Hair we go ...

Left my window open last night and was woken at 6.30 by the 1 feral duck who 98% of the time refuses to tuck up in the duck shed with the others; she was having a good old Quack, probably because she misses out on the evening feed by NOT getting in the shed... anyway, as our old windows wouldn't disguise much quacking even if I shut them, I wandered out to let the other ducks out and throw some food down, then took the 1st of 3 anti-sickness pills of the day, and went back to bed. Deri woke me at 7.30 asking for a kiss and a cwtch and if she could go and stick the tv on. Then back an hour later as she was hungry :)
So I had a cuppa too, and followed Deri's plan to have weetabix but don't think that was a good idea as too much milk maybe, feel slightly queasy now. napped on sofa, it's 12/30 now and going to have an apple to go with my exciting bottle of water :)
Am quite knackered today I must say.
So, there I was, reading my book, fiddling with my hair... I missed a knot yesterday it seems, so I did the usual of tugging at it a bit with my fingers and here comes a handful of hair... I pulled gently at another area just to see - yep, the same. "Right" I said out loud to myself, "here we go then", and then the pun of Hair We Go came to mind - oh dearie me my humour really IS awful eh??
So, do I let it just fall out slowly, do I go for a 'jaunty' shorter style - recommended by the nurses too - ?
No point going for layered or feathered styles as who knows which bits of hair will come out and make it look weird! Just a 'bob' then? Or have it cut close to the head? Oh decisions decisions. Best go see that fella about my wig prescription this week then, in case I get an urge to wear one. I THINK I'll be more inclined to go for scarves etc, but if I don't order a wig now I may then want one later! I am after all, quite awkward sometimes ;)
Deri is supposed to be meeting her father at the park today, I think some fresh air would be good (I have to accompany her due to various shitty factors regarding him/booze/behaviour etc etc) but I am tired so I may need to make excuses and only have an hour out... in which case, we had better get dressed, OR, stay in and when he calls pretend we all have a bug and can't do anything til next week...? Hmmmmm
Munching an apple seems to be working. Will make Deri some lunch and see what we feel like then ....

4 comments:

  1. Could start with a bob, see how you go and maybe go pixie depending on how you feel/what happens next. You can always cut more off but you can't put more on (until you get your wig!).

    Then again going straight for something jaunty gives you a chance to go what the hell and try a shorter style straight away... I am torn ;)

    I think it should be an excuse to go buy some beautiful scarves though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mars!
    *big grin*
    Shortish bob to start with unless I get inspired by anything else! ;)
    And I just read about someone else waiting to find out if their tumour is terminal or not, and mine isn't, so being bald for a few months isn't really such a big deal ;) I am not being all stiff upper lip about it, it DOES feel weird and not having the option of putting my hair up will probably piss me off sometimes, but I am keeping my light at the end of my tunnel firmly in sight for this particular ride! :))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, hair is soooo last season daaarlink!

    At least the weather is getting cooler so you can indulge in some funky autumnal hats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hair now cut into bob, short right into nape of neck, and longer at sides to just below my ears... but now I'm thinking I may like the sides cut shorter too, so I'll what happens tomorrow morning and then decide! Meanwhile, I have been ordering hats on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete