Tuesday 20 September 2011

Take away wigs?

Having missed a day's diary due to internet shenanigans, I'll try to remember two days worth of stuff!

Yesterday was spent at work setting up for a fund raising day today, I did lots of delegating and folding up of tombola tickets! I then went to the wig shop. I was prepared for feeling all sorts of stuff, but I didn't feel emotional - is that due to growing up with a mum who owned a hairdressers, so lots of 'heads' with hair pieces and wigs on was the norm..? I dunno. But anyway I tried not to laugh at the quite frankly silly wigs, there were one or two ok ones, the young woman doing the consultation was lovely, very professional, so if you were feeling weird I'm sure you'd be put as ease ... I chose one nearest to my new hair do, it's on order, and bought a jersey head-wrap/hat thingy. It'll keep my head warm in the winter ;) Especially as the hair is getting thinner, particularly behind the fringe area...
I also lit the first fire of the year indoors in the pot belly stove - toasty warm! AND, I fancied something *not* plain to eat so bribed my teens to clean the duckshed in return for a chinese takeaway! So first I had to stand and direct them to teach them how to do it, and they did very well in their wellies and gloves :)) So then we sat in front of the fire with our feet up and scoffed the takeaway and watched Scrubs on tv!

Today the 1 year anniversary of the centre was celebrated by raising funds for Breast Cancer and Jeans for Genes and I planned it before the chemo started or had  a diagnosis so all I could do was ''direct'' and everyone did me proud and there were fabulous home made cakes and teas n coffees and despite the drizzle , in 3 hours we raised £170!! :))
 Despite trying not to do much I was on my feet a while and my back is telling me off but we all enjoyed it!
Home to another fire and loaning out my laptop for German homework & psychology homework ;)
Am quite knackered so will claim an hours' TOIL tomorrow after the hospital appointment and go home early. A good plan methinks...

3 comments:

  1. Well done you! Hopefully see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been keeping busy!
    Nice kind of busy :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mars, and yes! xxx

    Tiina.......... hello!! xxx

    ReplyDelete