Wednesday 28 September 2011

Chemo#4

So after getting PET scan postponed until the 10th, off I went to Nevill Hall for chemo #4. Jo came to chat with me during the last hour :)
My ''positional'' hickman line played up so I wiggled in chair and flapped some arms etc and then discovered that if I pulled my shoulders back, it flowed freely lol!
So I sat with correct posture and nearly offered to balance a book on my head... ;)
Back home and at abouy 4pm felt myself getting cold and shivery - aha I thought, it's going to be a high temperature type afternoon. So wrapped in PJs, fluffy dressing gowna nd a blanket, I lay all light - headed and woozy on the sofa. Then 2 hours later I was BOILING and had to sit in my vest! Have been taking my temperature every half hour and drinking lots (no not the gin) and it's back down again. Couldn't eat lunch either, felt too woozy. Have just had a cuppa and a slice of mum's home made cheescake and beginning to feel more normal.
So, PET scan is now on the 10th as I said, two days before chemo #5 - the doc today says they will continue with the course of chemo (6) whatever the results, as even if the lumps HAVE disappeared, finishing the course will obviously help etc. Who's keeping fingers crossed that is WILL only be 6? ;)
Tomorrow Dinae from Usk House Hospice is calling in to discuss my free complemntary therapies options! :D Very excited!
And if I'm feleing ok, I may go out for lunch with my muma nd stepdad, but I won't if feeling slightly wobbly as last time it wiped me out!

2 comments:

  1. So who knew... chemo improves your posture? ;)

    Traveling tomorrow but will text when landed, probably evening as hope to go visit Jules in Bristol first. Can bring food Friday so have a think about what you might like if you're okay for a visit xx

    ReplyDelete