Monday 26 September 2011

Glow in the dark

So tomorrow, I go off to the Heath (rather be swept off by Heathcliffe but you can't have everything) in Cardiff For the PET Scan (nope, no ducks or dogs will be involved) to be injected with glow in the dark stuff but instead of throwing star shapes I have to sit perfectly still for 90 minutes. . . so I'm taking a book!! I can't have anyone sit with me as I'll be very radioactive so I guess it's another opportunity for chilling out with a book eh?
After 90 minutes they then out me in the bigger version of the giant polo I went in for the CT scan, and lie there for 20 mins. By then it'll be lunch time and I'll be ravenous! I can't have physical contact wirh any young children or pregnant people for 6 hours after being injected so good thing Deri is at her friend's for tea and her mum with bring her back late by which time I'll be huggable.
Then, hospitals are not done with me, because on the way home I have to pop in to my local (still no G&T's yet) for bloods to be taken ready for Chemo#4 on Wednesday.

Now, I am hoping that the possibility the doc mentioned will be a reality when I get my PET results... ie: that if the lumps have shrunk quickly enough I will only need 6 treatments. I am aware that the reality could be anything too. So, another waiting game... grrr to waiting LOL!

My hair. Well, instead of just falling out, it's thinning on top. I have a fringe. I have hair at the back. The bit in between is pathetic! Thankfully, being a full-blown hippy (see previous blog) I have those hippy hairbands which can be worn wide or thin so they are currently on 'fairly wide' mode ;)
So I'll take my weird hair (says the girl who used to have red dreadlocks in a previous life) and go and glow in an unsociable non-touchy way and then have more blood extracted and then maybe just lurk on the sofa with cups of tea and blink a lot ....................

3 comments:

  1. Buggerations on it being cancelled at the last minute! Bloody hospitals, grrr!

    Any news on how quickly it gets rescheduled?

    Will be seeing ya later this week - starting to get excited about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They told me it's the 10th so not too long!
    Yay for visits! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up with the news about the 10th, (((Emma)))... have you thought about shaving your head and looking really punk and cute??!

    ReplyDelete