Saturday 22 October 2011

Feeling the lurve

Thursday night brought tipsy declarations from P ... I did a mini survey of friends and asked, do people say what they really feel when tipsy or not? The vast majority said yes, people do. So, I'm still smiling ;)
Had a wonderful lie-in today, followed by my gorgeous 13 year old bringing me a cuppa in bed before heading off to Cardiff to do the cool things that 13 year olds do in cities on weekends... :) She returned sober by the way ;) As I lay in bed th elovely Lynne called so had good catch up with her too.
VERY excited to day as Em who is currently living in Sri Lanka but over for a few weeks was coming to visit...one of my best friends (of which I am lucky to have many!) but as she's hardly in the UK it was fab to see her in person. She managed to be Super Woman as she brought lunch, cooked it, washed up, cleaned and rearranged my kitchen AND managed to hug me too lol!
I managed to give her a surprise too - as Em and Em M and lots of other friends are all 40 this year and having huge gathering/party/celebration etc next weekend... as I was waiting for her, Dom emailed me (photographer/musician/kinda journalist friend lives in Cardiff) to ask what I was doing next Sat night - I thought, oh no, he's coming down from Cardiff and I won't be here! I told him I was off to a party. He asked where - off, I thought, as he doesn't know the area well - told him - he announces his band are playing there and he was going to take me a pretend roadie so I could get a night out and chat to him, but I'm going anyway and he's thrilled!! I was amazed and very happy too! So I said to Em - that band you booked, I know them! Hah, small world :) So, next Sat, my fab friend Mars and her lovely hubby will be down from Hull and are kindly driving me to party, then we get to see people we don't see often and some of them, not seen for 20 years! - and get to hang out with my friend's band! Hoorah :)
D was dropped off at 4 and talked Em's head off and made us laugh ... then after Em left we drive off to *sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* pick up B's birthday pressie - new guitar!! and then pick up B from train.
All day I have felt non-nauseous - hoorah! And no bad back ache - double hoorah! Also had pot-belly stove lit all day and evening and it's toastie warm :)
A good day xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment