Wednesday 30 November 2011

Update

So, I am going in on Sunday night. My bloods have made the doctor happy enough to take me back in at 21 days not 28 days, which was an option they mentioned when I went in the first time. As an extra bonus (ooh NHS you DO spoil us!!) I get an extra bag of different chemo (consultant will go over the whats and wherefores on Friday when I go in to be clerked) on Monday, and start IGEV Tuesday, so I get an extra night in and come out Saturday.

This does mean it rather handily fits in with my social calendar - ie: I do NOT miss Deri's play on the 15th, and I will be on form again for B's birthday on the 22nd and for xmas etc. Huzzah!

I called the counsellors re: Deri. They said so far I was doing all the right stuff, to keep talking, and that a suggestion I had about having a chat about ''how USEFUL these tubes are because mummy can have her medicine so quickly and without it hurting, unlike some other people who go in and have to have lots of injections all day'', etc, was a good plan. I mentioned an idea about disconnecting the tubes when D visits me this time, and she said it MAY confuse her as I'm in there to have lots of medicine, so maybe just get a nurse to pop in and say how wonderful the tubes are as well? So I feel a bit better and I hope Deri won't get too upset when I tell her I have to go in again. She's in a ballet show on Sat (must be the time of year for shows!!!!) so maybe tell her after that, or, tell her Friday after school so she can get used to it might be better. Anyhoo. We're getting there.

My eldest and her b/f are cooking dinner this evening. I think it involves oven chips and other stuff... and I'm loving it coz I am lying here (after not quite getting the duvet day I planned) being waited upon :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a yummy dinner, and wonderful that you'll get to see Deri dance on Saturday before your next round of medicine through your "wonderful tubies." :-) Your schedule is a hectic one this month but sounds like it is working out perfectly for your social calender! But, rest as much as you can (((Emma)))!

    ReplyDelete