Thursday 10 November 2011

Stop!! It's Plan C actually! .... carry on...............

Went in today with my 24 hour urine sample and to have bloods taken, and to find out what time the new regime would be starting next week. But, last night, my armpit on right hand side felt tender. I thought maybe it was referred pain from swollen Lumpy, but thought I had better mention it anyway.
So then I had to be prodded and wait for a scan. A surprise bonus today!
Scan = nothing. Hoorah. The sister of the ward said during BEACOPP, one IV had to be given at 7pm and she lived locally, she would come back in to do that for me. How very lovely!!

Came back to work, started eating lunch; phone call - thought it may be the Doc from the Gwent with a biopsy appointment. Noo.
Sandra from my hospital: um, the radiologist assessed the drugs in BEACOPP and said they were very similar to ABVD, therefore, no point having BEACOPP. So.... I am Going In. BUT, not to Cardiff, they are going to do the treatment in Abergavenny. So, go onto ward tomorrow to sign all the paperwork, then get admitted Sunday afternoon/evening, get hooked up to chemo Monday morning, and then have a drip in all day every day Mon-Thurs, then on  Fri get fluids etc via IV, then go home Fri night if all is well, to collapse into my bed for a week or three. Then do same again in December; they will then test me after two of these delightful courses, and see what's what.

Soooooooooo... there we have it. After making some kind of strangled noises I kinda got round to thinking, actually, 5 days 'inside' is less complicated than going in on days 1,2,3,8 etc, and I won't have to try and smile feebly at my 7 year old each evening... I will obviously be fairly feeble when I come home after 5 days, but as I (probably) won't have to be taking anything at home, I will be less bleugh in some ways.
Also, as my little one knows where the local hospital is, when she is staying with my mum/mum staying here, she will 'know' where I am and so won't fret so much.

I don't know if I will be able to access internet much from my phone in hospital, so if you don't hear from me next week, I'm either in druggie coma and/or swearing at my phone :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad it can be done in Aber, sounds much better! Good luck with your new day-glo regime, hope you're all sparkly better and lump free for 2012!

    ReplyDelete