Friday 4 November 2011

2 sleeps til birthday madness!

Today I took annual leave so that I could de-clutter/rearrange/shift things/throw out/reccyle all the crap in my little sitting room that will soon be my bedroom/bedsit! :) Phew!! Knackered now but there is now room for my bed and once sofabed goes upstairs, my dressing table can do a swap!
Bron is fine now; she said that she wanted to tell the police to try and stop her friend having to go through it again, and doesn't mind if it goes to court. The cynical side of me says maybe nothing will get done, but my positive side thinks SOMETHING will be ;) Good news is that C is staying with her stepdad this weekend and maybe every weekend, and is not grounded and can come with B to D's birthday party on Sunday :))
Birthdays. 7 years old in 2 sleeps' time. Wow. This time 7 years ago I was 2 weeks overdue and very grumpy. At 4 am, everything went into overdrive and she was born 5 hours later with my gripping the sofa tightly with one hand and my ex's arm with the other! ;) Now here she is, tall and bossy and cute and very funny and sweet and loving... heehee!
Right, have a fireworks party tomorrow and crazy 7 year old stuff to do Sunday, best sign out and get some sleep. But first, may I say that today I was overcome with absolute gratitude and happiness about how damned lucky I am to know the people I do :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw bless B, she's such a good kid. Just wanted to give her a hug when I read yesterday's entry.

    You have lovely girls and should rightly be proud of them and yourself for bringing them into the world and setting them on their path to adulthood.

    As to whether or not something will happen, who knows, but a teen is showing the adults the way it should be... and it's also someone outside of the immediate situation. It sounds like the violence took a step up if it was in public with witnesses other than B too. Escalation not a good sign.

    But all that aside, have a bloody good weekend!

    p.s. not surprised you took ages to recover from last weekend, I wasn't "right" all week ;)

    ReplyDelete