Wednesday 9 November 2011

Plan B

So, I took Lumpy along to hospital yesterday, to have bloods taken, but when I showed them Swollen Lumpy they said ''No Chemo For You Tomorrow''. They took bloods, mentioned a more intensive treatment, said to go back today to speak to my own consultant etc.
Did that. I waited warily for the "5 days inpatient" talk. BUT - the consultant, Mrs PJ, and lovely Sandra, the deputy sister on the ward, sat me down and said they had come up with a plan to do a treatment for me on the ward, as an out patient, and the ward sister lives in Aber so had agreed to stay on half hour late on certain days to give me the last IV (has to be certain hours after first one etc), and they had given BEACOPP before but not on this new ward but wanted to try and help me without resorting to being an inpatient ... :))
OH. There we are then... it's onto BEACOPP for me! - I won't have to go in for 5 days , if I behave myself :))
So, either this Monday, or following Monday, depending on when I get my new biopsy (to check it is still Hodgkins and hasn't mutated), I begin the 21 days cycle. have drugs to take at home from day 1, but also come in as an out patient for an infusion (some will be long days) days 1/2/3, then take more pills at home, then back in day 8, then more pills at home,, and a few days of giving myself those jabs in my tummy then a week off everything, then start again. At least 2 cycles.
So NO work at ALL for me for at least 2 months, maybe 3!?! Wow. I will be highly susceptible to infection so no hanging round in centres like mine, or schools, or any large public gathering etc.
Much mooching about on sofas and beds then, feeling more bleugh, but kicking Lumpy's arse big time one hopes :)
Bit nervous. And sad to not be going to work. Glad to be at home for all my girl's birthdays! And if I want to avoid going in I have to rest and try not to get a fever and not get any infections ... so I do have to behave!
Hmmmmmm. Going to be interesting times, gonna need all my reserves, and a full drawer of spoons...

1 comment:

  1. Bless them for trying to sort you out as out-patient and can you tell lumpy to fuck off from me too! Gave you a bell but got voicemail, am about if you're in the mood for a chat, no problems if not.

    ReplyDelete