Friday 18 November 2011

Hospital Catch-Up .....

I am home now. I couldn't access this blog from my phone very well, but did get onto macmillan, so I'm going to grab what I scribbled there and drag it over .... so niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice to be home!!!

Captain's log: day 1 on Gilwern Ship:

Ok. Day 1 = not bad. 3 different drugs took just under 3 hours. Bit light headed n woozy about 1pm but popped a pill and ok after that. Ate all food fine. Had visits from mum n Deri then Megz n Ben and then Kerry. Deri brought me a cuddly. Megz bought me pink bedsocks with my name on and Kerry bought bananas and green n blacks dark choc :-) Lots of anti nasty drugs given too. So slept well and having brekkie now. Bit headachy so going to take Hilary's advice and take more drugs; how can I argue with a lady with such impeccable taste?!

 Day 2 on the good ship Gilwern:
Well I took anti sickness and two cocodomols before bed and woke up with no achy neck huzzah! Doc came by and said I looked less pale and my neck looked smaller!! Already?! Oh yay and then some!! Just one bag of chemo today and more pharmaceutical drugs and I AM more tired but doing ok :-) Today I was spoiled some more! Lynne brewed fresh coffee in pot then decanted it into a flask and wrapped two china mugs and came to my hospital room! Wow! Then Jo turned up with pecan danish delights! Nom! Then my mum and Broni came with hugs, mmmmm, and melon and mango butter cream (my skin is so dry, bits flaking off on my legs!), and Lyndsey arrived with Amé to drink and books and pain au chocolat and mini popadoms! How lucky am I??? :-D By the way, my P went into 'panic about cancer' mode a while back and is hiding in his cave which is why I've not mentioned him recently. I offered him opportunities to admit being freaked out but he's ignored them. So I told him to stay in his cave as don't need folk around me who are faffy plus I'm surrounded by people who love me - and I'm not sad because he can't really help it and people's true colours come out and I have better things to think about... AND, people come into our lives for a reason even if it's not for long so take the good bits and smile and travel onwards... So day 3 tomorrow, another one bag day...

3rd day aboard Ship Gilwern
Yesterday went well, slept well and had a surprise visitor from afar. I DO wish typing here from your phone would allow paragraphs! I'll just have to go paragraph mad when I get home.... Well- I say I slept well - apart from being woken by the poor old lady next door who does impressions of a hacking hag every few hours or so which lasts for 5 minutes: 3am, then, I was shaken out of sleep for a good 15 mins whilst her lungs tried n failed to expel whatever foul mix is inside and whilst nurses dashed in and out. Good grief, poor lady, and also, my poor sleep! My eldest sent me excited texts from London - 6th form school trip - all day and my mum and Deri came visiting at 6 with shining examples of Deris correctly answered homework hehe! And some cuddles and miss-you's. Lump still a-shrinking heh heh heh!!! The jolly fabulous Jodie (sister of Windsor suite) has just come up and plugged my chemo in for today (did I tell you I'm on 2 drips? One runs for 24 hours) and said that considering what I've had shoved in me this week, I'm looking rather well :-)) so gold stars to YOU lot for all your good thoughts/best wishes/promises of cwtchs etc! :-))) I AM more tired and napping a bit more but doing ok...

4th YAWN day was thus spent...
Yes, you guessed, 4th day was mostly spent yawning or sleeping! Good job they give you these big beds with moveable parts to lie on eh? :-) All blood and urine tests are happy ones apparently which is good. Finally had the Dissappointing Meal last night - yuk!! Pasta Bolognese - how can you mess that up?? Ah well. I had pineapple slices and choklit to make up for it! A lovely visit from my gorgeous Deri! And now am waiting for breakkie and 11am when last drip is disconnected and they get me my take-home meds and sign me out!! Eeeeek! Heh heh xxxxxxx
 Beam me up Scotty...
Whizz! Bang! Whoosh!
Well, being hospital with it's own time warp, it was more like ' hang about a bit', 'hang around a bit more' ... then when I was ready to be unplugged from my constant companion (Drippy, very reliable but not very chatty), I had a bit of a funny turn felt hot and wobbly and a bit pale and 'fainty' ... the lovely nurses laid me back on my pillows, opened the window and put the fan on and got my Boob Tubes cleaned up - 10 mins later I was ok and called my stepdad and the porter pushed me all the way to the car in a shiny wheelchair ... and then - I was home!
Hugs from a relieved looking mum who then bustled off to prepare dinner; Megz n Ben were here with hugs and then dashing off to construct her new bed! And then Broni rushed in for cuddles too! Deri was supposed to be staying at her friends for a sleepover, but then my friend G phoned to say Deri was crying because ''Lucky the cat had been run over"
We don't know any cats called that.
Poor Deri, it's all obviously been a bit too much for her this week! :(
So G brought Deri home and Deri clung to me and I cwtched her tight and that was all very much better!
And now I am in my gorgeous new boudoir with cuppa, laptop, tv, phone, all my pillows and all my girlies safe and cwtchy :-D
Thanks SO VERY much for seeing me through this week ladies n gents, I hope you all know how tremendous you have been!!
Love You Lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. "Beaming"

    Now THAT was an excellent read!

    YAY !!!

    (((((((EMMA))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((Tiina))))) :-D xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete