Wednesday 24 August 2011

what a week...............

I wanted to add more, sooner... but due to the Green Man Festival kind of interfering with the net, I have been unable to access anything for a few days .... which was quite nice in a way ;)
So, having planned to attend the festival as usual, plus help out the recycling team with admin again for a few hours, I had to change my whole festival arrangement this year! So, only spending a few hours there, and walking back home (5 minutes from the house as it is on the Park where the festival is held, which is just brilliant!), to rest, and only doing an odd hour here and there for recycling, and not having a drink each evening as we would normally! But I loved the time I was there and was glad to be so near home so I could lie on the sofa, listening to the music whilst resting :) I met up with friends old and new, listened to some excellent music (having heard Bellowhead I already liked them after seeing them live I now love them!!) Pedro managed to get some time off too which was fab - nice to meander about together.
Deri was away with my mum and Bryan, and came back Sunday morning ... so spent Sunday bimbling about with Deri... her favourite spot is under the life sized inflatable elephant which stands next to the pond by the Wishing Tree :D We sat there for a while, blowing bubbles with her dolphin bubble blower, taking photos of her being sucked up the trunk............................ we met up with Pedro and ate nachos whilst watching bands then Deri went shopping round the stalls lol! Spent the evening in Chai Wallahs............. mmmmm to the 1 very nice cup of brandy chai I had .... and discovered a band called Dizraeli and the Small Gods who were brilliant!
Spent some of the time getting me head ready for the hickman line to be inserted today ... and then found out that nothing can describe it, especially having it under local - erm, if there's a next time, I'll take the general aneasthetic instead please!!! Ok, it took less than an hour, and I was home the same day, and it will be very very useful as it avoids having to have needles take bloods or give medicines, but bloody hell; you get tugged about and it feels so bloody weird as the line is fed through an incision near your collarbone and fed down under your skin through a vein, then a line hanging down from the other incision near your breast, which splits into two lines with caps on the ends............. I feel like 5 of 9 out of Star Trek!! I feel as though I have been run over by a bus, and can't  use my right arm for anything much and it's ACHY now ... yep, it was *not* pleasant but apart from a sore arm/chest, I am feeling pretty much back to normal! ;)
Am *tired * now and off to sleep .................

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, ((((Emma))))!!! ...about the Hickman Line :-((((

    I'm just catching up with your blog diary....been away from the computer for a bit. Thanks for all these details... so glad you've had some time at the Festival...

    Sending you lots of love and healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete