Monday 15 August 2011

Today: Green Man, chemo, my friends, and family...

Monday morning. supposedly the start of 2 weeks annual leave from work. But it will turn into sick leave on Wednesday when I start my chemo. Who'd have thought that?! The Chemical Brothers at a festival? nah, let's have chemo instead... doesn't quite roll off the tongue so good thing it's not catching on ;)
Also, the Green Man festival begins on Thursday. I usually go along, and I usually do a few hours here and there, helping out the Green Man production team. I have been to see them and told them my presence could be sporadic this year! ;) It is literally across the road from my cottage, we are bloody lucky to live on the land where it is held... sometimes we camp there, sometimes wander home, but this year I'm not camping - if I am ok enough to wander over for a bit, I'll be wandering straight back to my huge old bed with the most comfortable mattress in the world :D

My Friends. Yes, they need a capital letter.. Because they are all so bloody fabulous. I have friends living nearby, I have friends abroad, I have friends scattered around the UK and the world, some of whom I have known for years and years, others I have met only recently, but each one I have spoken to has shown me such Love and support this last week... well, I could cry at the loveliness of them all!!! So, for anyone else that reads this, if you are my friend, know that you are loved very much! I cannot name you all here and now, but to all those I have a relationship with, in whatever context, I am damned blessed to know you all!!

My Family. Yeh, capitals all round today! We may be scatty, occasionally disfunctional, a crazy blend of Welsh and Irish lapsed Catholics, but we are a massive (literally, I lose count of my cousins) gang of loving loons. As for my mum and step-dad - sometimes they are mad as hatters, but they are a rock. I love them to bits! I'm 41 and my mum still forgets I'm an adult sometimes... I think that's pretty normal from what I hear, so I'm looking forward to being a slightly interfering 60 year old with my kids too ;)

So I thought I would start this week with a huge THANK YOU to everyone xxx

I just tipped out my 12 steroids and 1 yellow capsule and 1 big white tablet onto the table to have after my toast. Deri was fascinated. ''Is that your breakfast?" - she had overheard me joking about my new breakfast yesterday!

Well, John from Green Man needs a needle and thread for his trousers, so I'm off to do a Good Deed and see if me and my girls are collecting our wristbands today or tomorrow.

2 sleeps til D day, or is that C day?? Anyway, I'm off ......................

No comments:

Post a Comment