Saturday 27 August 2011

3 days after Hickman line ...

Woke on Thursday feeling as though I had been run over by a train! Deri was being picked up by Liz to play on the farm, so I went for a gentle walk to help loosen up as my body had tensed up overnight.
My mum picked me to go for the check up in the Windsor suite where I have my chemo. They re-dressed the would and cleaned it up a bit more etc, and gave me a kind of long narrow bag with a strap to go over your neck; the two tubes hanging down sit in the bag so they don't swing about or get caught in anything - I have to say, they are a bit awkward to have around! Plus they cannot get wet, so I have to have shallow baths or hold the shower head by hand so it doesn't go over them!!
Last night I managed to sleep on my right hand side for a little while for the first time, which isn't to bad considering it went in on Wednesday I guess. But I can't hug people very tightly as it's still sore. And I can't muck out my duck shed or pick up a full kettle or lift Deri up ... blimey it's a bit of a pain right now!! ;)
I am taking two co-codomols every morning and every night to help with the achiness, but otherwise feeling alright, just getting used to having a 'willy warmer'' as the nurses call it, with tubes in it, hanging down from between my boobs lol!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck... that sounds so-o-oooo uncomfortable! But, you're doing great, girl..... to hell with the ducks.... just keep being gentle with yourself!

    ReplyDelete