Tuesday 30 August 2011

Round 2 of chemo tomorrow

Today I am taking Broni into town to get all her stationary ready for the new school term next Monday, Deri is coming too so I expect she will ask for a 'magazine', the pink shiny ones with a free toy on the front! Lynne has the day off too so could meet for coffee... and Pedro has the day off so may come shopping too, so if the times work out, he may get to meet Lynne! Also have to stop at the hospital around lunch time and get bloods taken ready for tomorrow's chemo, make sure everything is ok to go ahead etc, and then they order the chemo from pharmacy ready to be delivered up to the ward in the morning. Always something, eh? ;)
So maybe we will have a takeaway or a home cooked meal by Pedro later? That WOULD be nice ;) - and then a nice chilled evening lying on sofa watching a film or some crap tv :D
I don't know how I feel about Round Two - I am *planning* on feeling the same as last time lol!
I want to carry on as normal in many ways, to go shopping, to go to work, to chat to friends about shoes and babies and holidays and plans ....... and then I have to fit in going to hospital for blood tests, Hickman line flushes, chemo, appointments, and the two worlds clash and I get frustrated and exhausted! And my kids are trying to carry on as normal whilst asking me how I am every day and my 6 yr old wanting to hug me and only doing so on one side when she remembers the Hickman, and I have to take my temperature twice a day and Deri asks if i am to hot or ok, and the big girls making me cups of tea, and then waiting to book holidays or accept invites depending on treatments dates etc etc etc   ... those are the down days I guess. But always I nudge myself and say hey, you're here, and you're doing ok, and then I fell guilty for those who don't have as good a prognosis as me! So yes, the two worlds sometimes meet, sometimes clash, sometimes bounce off each other - and sleeping is a good way to deal with all that, plus it is healing too!So, anyway,  let's see what this week brings............ x

2 comments:

  1. Dammit Pedro can't do tonight but hoping to swap for tomorrow! So baked spuds it was! heehee
    Went for my bloods and was given a different type of ''sticky'' dressing as the nurse noticed the previous type was causing a tiny blister - they really are very attentive as I hadn't even noticed it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for tomorrow! It was great to see you a few times whilst we were down - sorry if we tired you out a bit too much! Will judge it a bit better next time xxx

    ReplyDelete