Monday 23 January 2012

Countdown to harvesting!

Been a bit absent last few days as had visitors Fri and Sat and Sun! Saturday was GREAT as it was my friend that I lost touch with 9 years ago! We couldn't stop hugging and our kids - who were also really close back then - only took 5 mins to get over the awkwardness and we all had SUCH a lovely day!! :))) Plus - Eils made one of her scrumptious chocolate cakes with choc icing and choc hearts on top. YUM. I had forgotten how scrummy her cakes were. We were so thrilled at being together again, and have made lots of plans for doing STUFF :))

Today went for bloods - if they were not behaving the stem cell extraction would not be able to begin tomorrow - but all was well. Also had appointment with my fibromyalgia consultant (diagnosed 2 years ago) who said it's a small possibility that something we thought was fibromyalgia was start of lymphoma but we won't know until I've finished my cancer treatment and then see if any symptoms improve regarding the fibrowhatssit as I prefer to call it.

Interesting.

So I take my backache-inducing GCSF injection again this evening. Then take one with me to the Heath tomorrow for some reason? I mean, if I need to have one ready for Wednesday, then surely I can just take it at home as usual??

Talking of tomorrow, I am being picked up by taxi at SEVEN THIRTY AM!!! Ugh. And they will pick me up again at 5PM! Bloody long day! And I shall have my stem cells harvested. I wonder if they can plough me too?? Sitting in a chair watching my blood run out of a cannula into a machine where the stem cells are plucked out and shoot up into bags and then the blood carries on back into me probably via the Hickman... should I take one or two books or will my eyes be glued to the machine all day? ;)

I wonder whether or not they get enough cells in one day, or if it takes two, or even three (keep fingers crossed for maximum of two!!)

1 comment: