Monday 16 April 2012

Home Sweet Home

Went to Nevill Hall Wednesday and had my bloods done... sat talking to a fella who was in the same time as me having his 2nd transplant - his stem cells are bit sluggish. Eventually bloods came back and the registrar took me off to discuss - they are very pleased as my kidneys have recovered, which apparently they were worrying about after me being poorly whilst in there. My platelets are 126, which means as they are over 60 I am allowed to drive. And my neutraphils 0.6 so all going in the right direction. Time to start the echinacea and multivitamins and get my juicer working hard again :)))
After lunch we packed everything up and mum and Bry drove us home. Oh my goodness it was so good to walk through my own door after so long!!
My teenagers went into superdrive and have been looking after me amazingly well. Breakfasts in bed, and cooking all the evening meals...and Ben has been cooking and washing up too bless him :)
I am very proud of my little family :)))
On Saturday I got dressed properly and ventured into local village... I drove the whole 1 and half miles with Bronwen and sent her into the shops for me. It felt weird to be driving after so long, but it went well! I had a rather big surprise when I was waiting outside the shops - Megz called me to say I had visitors - someone I havent seen properly for nearly two years, a friend I did a traditional sweatlodge with a while ago. Petty things got in the way, but I think recently perspectives have changed, and well, anyway, it was very good to see him and his daughter again, and the shiny motorbike! ;)And just as they were leaving, Jo appeared with homemade lemon drizzle cake - nomnom!!!!
Sunday I drove to mums for Bry's 73rd birthday - wow what a lunch! Big fat prawns in lime sauce for starter, and chicken and mushroom creamy sauce with pasta for main, and massive trifle for pud - my portions are still smaller than usual, but I am starting to get some tastebuds back!
Today Deri and I are watching films and waiting for the plumber as the kitchen tap is leaking over the floor. And getting ready for her new school on Wednesday!
Glanusk are having some kinda Jubilee do for Her Maj, she's making an appearance so us tenants are getting our trees and bushes pruned and lopped so the route in looks neat which is making me laugh a lot!!
The good thing is that I find I am not getting overly cross about much - not taking the negativity on board is going to be one more lesson I'm learning; I already worked out there's no point. You can still support causes and stand up for injustices, be upset for your friends when they're hurt etc ;-)) And I suppose I'm instinctively saving my energy for what's important?
I'm looking forward to being strong enough to take the dog out.
I'm feeling very positive in general. Which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment