Monday 2 April 2012

Day 11 today

I can't believe I haven't written for so long! I guess that demonstrates just how weak and feeble I am/have been! I had the ''usual'' fever from having zero immunity, I had vomiting, I tried the NG tube 3 times but kept gagging on pills so in the end,, after bringing it up 3 times, we decided to leave it and give all meds & fluids/food via the drip etc. I have slept all day and all night (apart from being poked or prodded by the staff, who, I have to say, are amazing here !) and until yesterday was really in a hazy, partly drug induced stupor. I roused myself when my mum came to visit and when I was phoning the girls, and then collapsed again!
I had the joy of a syringe driver for 4 days too but that was also taken away this morning as I am no longer in pain with my throat - even sipping cool drinks hurt. I woke up today and for the first time felt a bit bored.......... a good omen methinks!
Saw the Top Guy, Smiley Consultant today; I am basically ready to go home as soon as my blood count comes up........ so let's focus on 0.5, asap!!
I am SSOOOOO looking forward to going home and hugging my babies!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness, you finally felt well enough to post something... I've been out of town but thinking about you constantly during what I suspected was the worse part of this transplant process. Wonderful to return to your short report of progress! It sounds like you are on the upturn! Hooray!!!! Sending lots of healing energy for that 0.5 goal!!!!!!! Love and bunches of hugs....N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here's our Emz :)))
      Giant 0.5 blinking day and night!
      ((((((((((((Emz)))))))))))))

      Delete
  2. Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete