Friday 16 March 2012

day minus 6

WHY do they insist on bringing you fresh water at 6am, closely followed by doing your obs???? 6AM!!!

Then a call at 9.30 am from my mum...Deri missed her school trip today, as she threw up last night... :( I spoke to her, and just wanted to cwtch her up with a blankey, but can't ... BALLS!!!!!!!!

Anyway... lots more fluids, 2 hours of chemo, more fluids. Dunno what was in the chemo but when it began I had a funny taste in the back of my throat, kinda metallic... only lasted a few moments though.

I am weeing and pooing for Wales today!!! I lost count how many times my reading/napping was interrupted by visits to the loo! Feel a bit nauseous this evening but nothing too bad.

My skin feels very smooth in places, in others it is very dry. Maybe it's trying to be a type of wine ......

And very very sexily, they have put on my legs, a pair of DVT socks!!!! Mmmmmmmm, bald, nauseous white DVT stockinged lady, lovely hahahahaa!!

As I came back from the loo a nurse asked if she could just shut me in my room for a mo while they did something.....mysterious...... I glimpsed a bed being wheeled down the corridor - I think it's one of the post-transplant folk being moved about - once I get my cells my door will be closed at all times - apart from nurses coming in - too. They are, excuse the phrase, shit hot on their germ control stuff!! And this is good.

Apparently I am quite unique in that most folk on this ward have donor transplants. Well dear, didn't want to be too common.. hahahaha!

Had a visit from aunty Chrissy (mums sister), with a book and a card. Had a pressie delivered from some crazy cat lover too - naughty, but much appreciated!

And another lovely chat with my girls :)))

Hugs and Love to you all, coz your TREMENDOUS support is helping ENORMOUSLY.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, counting the days with you! Watching dr House on dvds and sort of seeing Hugh Laurie by your bedside ;) Lots of LOVE and good vibes from me (((((((((((((((Emz)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete